Saturday, May 17, 2008

Goodies!

Here are the wonderful things I found today:



As I mentioned in the last post, I found a great garden ornament at the Design House. The tall white rusted contraption to the right of the chair is it. The globe portion spins around the arrow. The height is fantastic, I can stick it in the back of the bed and it looks lovely (permanent place yet to be determined)



In the Community Center I picked this little goodness up. It's about 14 inches tall.




This came from the same booth as the dress form. I'm not entirely sure where I'll put it, but it is really pretty and it was very reasonable, so I decided to sort it out later.



Ah, cloches, I love them. This is actually my first one, although I do have a very nice short one, which is actually a cheese dome, so I guess that doesn't really count. There is some engraving on the bell, but it didn't show up very well in the pictures I took. Maybe once it's filled it'll be more visible.

After I left Lucketts and returned home, I "happened to be in the neighborhood" of Slindy's, our local treasure trove (sometimes more than others, of course)



This little picnic basket was mine for the bargain price of $1.99. Can't beat that and I already have a need for it next week when we have tickets for Wolftrap.

Also from Slindy's, for the great price of $1.50 is this little covered dish. I have a weakness for tureens, covered dishes and large bowls and if they are white porcelain or ironstone, I find it very hard to resist.



And finally, two aisles over, temptation loomed large. at $6, I didn't even try to resist.

No comments: