Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Do what you can, where you are

I find myself with an unexpected day off today. One of my co-workers needed to have Friday off and we switched. Of course a switch means that I will be working the same number of hours and days as I usually do, just shuffled around a bit. I don't know what it is about such a switch that makes me feel as if I am getting extra time. I feel energized and ready to DO something. There are things to do in the garden, of course, but after the severe rains we have had for the past few days, that may have to wait until tomorrow, so the ground has a little more time to drain away the deluge.

My instincts for "Spring cleaning" usually kick in in February, since to me that is the emotional beginning of my year (mine and DH's birthdays are only 2 days apart) and it fits well in the gardening year (not too much going on yet in the earlier parts of February. Of course this year there was the SNOW (everybody around here still refers to it in all caps, and rightfully so, it was something to be experienced). Well, it looks as if we have caught up with ourselves after the snow, so now is the time for all good (wo)men to come to the aid of their house.

I think this morning I will treat myself to an hour or two in the sewing room. I doubt I will do any sewing, in fact that is the last thing on my list, but I should be able to right some wrongs in there and maybe tomorrow, I can make use of it for an hour. I should take pictures to cheer myself on (and to provide something for the sewing blog that hasn't seen any attention since November).

No comments: