Monday, March 15, 2010

Stuff and such

Work is very very busy lately and I seem to never get a moment (even on my weekends) to blog, but at least I am still tracking with my 365 project. I am actually very excited about that, I love my new camera and am starting to get more and more into the mindset of taking pictures much and often.

Taking pictures more regularly is slowly building a habit of looking at things as "picture opportunities". Recently, the same thing happened about blogging. DH had to go to the VA hospital in Richmond, VA for an appointment and I came along for company. The entire experience was just a collection of little episodes that positively cried out for a bog entry. I am not going to go into it, DH can do it better justice than I can, but the entire episode was a string of "are you serious?" moments (i.e. the hospital can not be found via GPS, nor via road signs, which stop right before the critical turn; while there is free valet parking, there are no restrooms in the lower area, unless you go into a ward; etc). The people were very nice and helpful, though.

On the way back we ran some errands and then had to stall a bit, since DH was expecting a call on his cell, which he would have missed had we gone home (poor reception there). We decided to take a look at a truck that had caught our attention earlier, on our way through to the other end of town. We used to have an S-10, but donated it last year (poor thing was on it's last leg). We knew we wanted/needed to get another truck, but the size and power we were looking for came with a corresponding price tag. I could not see us spending that kind of money, period, and especially not on the "extra" vehicle. I should mention, that I am the truck person in the family, much more so than DH, and that I looove big trucks. So we took a look at the aforementioned truck and, well, we bought it.

It is a 2003 Chevy Avalanche in prime condition. It had one owner, who has kept meticulous records and has, I am certain, has never taken that dear truck off the tarmac. It's all snazzy inside and has all the little features that I would like to have, but will not spend the extra oomty-something thousand dollars to get (such as fog lights and a really nice sound system). So last Saturday, when DH was at drill, I took the new truck for a few errands, grinning like a fool the entire time.

No comments: