Monday, March 1, 2010

I guess I should feel slighly guilty, but I don't

The post I totally blanked out on yesterday came back to me this morning, so here it goes:

I live in the country about 20 minute from a lovely small town in Virginia. Recently, a few new consignment stores have opened around town, but I have not had an opportunity to go check them out. One of the stores is on a main traffic routs so I drive by there about once a week and get to see their changing window display. They had a very nice sweater in the window that called to me, so last Thursday, I stopped by to check if it might be the right size. I think it might fit, but label wise it's too small, so I didn't ask the nice lady to take her display apart on the unlikely chance that the sweater might fit. Still, while I was there I took a look around.

Then I tried a few things on and eventually I took several of those items to the checkout. It was then that I discovered that they had a store wide 50% off sale to make room for their spring clothes. 2 sweaters, 2 long-sleeved tees, a Chanel-esque jacket and a three-piece suit for $26 and change. It is almost obscene! I should feel guilty, but I can't. Not only that, but I am going back in the next week or so, to check on those spring clothes (of course I will have to pay FULL PRICE, so I don't know....)

No comments: